Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Så som i himmelen

I just got home from the cinema. Saw a great movie. A swedish one called Så som i himmelen. I don't think I will try to explain this right now because I just gave it a try while talking to my dutch friend and I made almost no sense, so. But it was a bout a conductor coming back to his childhood's village from a life as an international star. He wants to open people's hearts with his music, and eventually he starts working with the local church choir. All these people in this small village and what happens to them, kind of a classic theme. Still different though, and maybe a kind of religious undertone, yet not in the usual way. It's about daring, about love, about life and what to do about it. About living and being true to oneself. No, and it's not cheesy! Just when I thought that "this is just a little too much" it took another turn. And her voice...she has such a power in it. Her carachter's situation made me so angry. A woman, treated like shit by her husband. Abused. Made me draw parallells again. It can happen to anyone and I hate the fact that jealous men with control issues makes women feel so scared and worthless. So, now I've told you anyway...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home