Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Another day

Another day has passed by. While I was still sleeping early this morning, on the street of another city an eight year old boy and a middleaged woman was brutally killed by a maniac with a knife. The police has still not found him.

This is certainly not the first time I am using the english language, but it's different to write a diary/journal like this. It's just better in Swedish, more personal. The english language has got a great deal of nuances and a lot of expressions that I like and that feels easy to use, but a personal text like this still kind of misses some nuances. Nuances that is missing because this language isn't really mine. References that I can't really use. I'm not complaining, I'm just...well maybe complaining a little.

It is really fall now. I was talking about the yellow leaves yesterday, but today I saw the first police control. They are checking the students' bikes for lights. It's really expensive to not have lights on the bike. It's kind of a sport to avoid the controls. Lights are important, but you know...my light doesn't work when it's really cold in the winter or when too much snow gets stuck around the wheels. And right now my back light doesn't work. I should get it fixed, I know. But today I was just happy that I had decided to take a walk into town.

I am tired now, and I got distracted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home